Tuesday 15 May 2018

Digital nomad...

I read an article today (the Guardian, as usual) about ‘digital nomads (AKA “location-independent workers”). I’m now so accustomed to working remotely, with words ’n’ pix (I’ve been on the road now for four years) that it took me a few moments to identify with these terms. It no longer seems remarkable to be parked up - somewhere, anywhere - writing chapters of my book on a laptop. Later on today I’ll be in a campsite, processing and uploading another batch of pix.

Everything I wanted to do while traveling has proved to be possible, except, perhaps, having a constant wifi signal. I don’t actually need to be online all the time, maybe just once or twice a day. In fact, trying to write, while having internet access, just gives me one more excuse to prevaricate, check emails, count pic sales, etc. Today I’m parked up in Fakenham, sufficiently close to a Costa coffee shop to ‘piggyback’ on their wifi. So I’m busy fact-checking the book (and drinking Costa-made tea).

Colourful dinghies for hire at Thorpeness...


No comments:

Post a Comment