Thursday 17 May 2018

Deepdale...

I have a new favourite campsite on the Norfolk coast, in Burnham Deepdale, which is handy for the best bird-watching haunts. The people were as friendly, when I booked in, as they had been officious at the Waveney River Centre a few days earlier… though I did wonder why they needed to know my mobile number. The lady leaned back in her chair and gave me a hypothetical situation: what if, while I was out walking, my Romahome went up in flames? I said I didn’t want to be rung up, just to be told that my Romahome was burning; I’d prefer them to put all their energies into putting the fire out… and I’d hear the bad news, soon enough, when I got back.

Once booked in, I was give two sides of A4 paper - with everything I needed to know - and another woman, riding a bike, led me to my pitch and electric hook-up. The wifi worked perfectly, with no signal ‘drop out’, so I’ve now got all my most recent pix edited and uploaded. The shower block looks brand-new. It's full of individual - and lockable - wet-rooms, each with shower, toilet and hand-basin. The shower was hot (but not too hot) the moment I switched it on. The price per night is reasonable, so I'll be back at the Deepdale Backpackers Hostel and Campsite before long.

Where I’m staying…


No comments:

Post a Comment