Tuesday 5 September 2017

Clancy's Bar...

Enjoyed a musical evening in Miltown Malbay (which sounds like a character from one of my little books). I started out in a bar, sitting next to an old guy (old? I found out he was just a year older than me!) who was up for a chat. After a few minutes he reached for his penny whistle, which was artfully concealed inside the Guinness dispenser on the bar, and played a couple of tunes for an appreciative audience of one.

I moved a couple of doors down the street, to Clancy’s bar, where there was a bit of a session: three fiddlers, a woman on a squeezebox, a guy playing the penny whistle and a young lad trying to find his way round the fretboard of a banjo. They’re really only playing one tune, but what a tune! The circle of life… in musical notation…


No comments:

Post a Comment