Sunday 16 July 2017

Beverley...

Saturday night in Beverley, North Yorkshire; unwisely I parked up in the town square for the night. I should have seen the bouncers outside the pubs and drawn the obvious conclusion that Saturdays nights in Beverley might get a bit rowdy.

The noise seemed to have died down by midnight, and I dozed off… only to be awoken by the van being rocked from side to side by unseen hands. I shouted… and the rocking stopped. I thought I might have difficulty getting to sleep after that… but I didn’t.

Sunday morning in Beverley is quieter and more to my liking. This is one Yorkshire town which reminds me of all the market towns I’ve seen down south. I took a stroll, took some pix of the North Bar - the only bar left standing - and now I’m enjoying a mug of tea in a cafĂ© adjoining the square…

Tewkesbury Abbey...




No comments:

Post a Comment