Saturday 19 November 2016

Kindle...

In an attempt to make the Romahome a bit less like a mobile library, I bought myself a Kindle from Amazon. Not their top-of-the range tablet, but a basic Paperwhite model. I just wanted to read books on it, without being distracted by surfing the web (or having the device beep at me with intrusive reminders and notifications). The backlit ‘paperwhite’ screen makes for comfortable reading, even at night, and it’s very handy to be able to change the font and - more importantly - the font size. So no eye strain. I can get a dictionary definition of any word by pressing on it with a finger for about a second. The books I need to refer to for my own writing I can now keep with me, on a device smaller than a DVD case. I like the way the Kindle does just one job… and does it well…

New Forest 'petrol station'...


No comments:

Post a Comment