Saturday 9 July 2016

A stake in the future...

Some politicians aren’t waiting to be stabbed in the back by a colleague; they’re too busy harming themselves. Andrea Leadsom must be biting her tongue and wishing she’s been more circumspect in her interview with the Times. She said “I am sure Theresa will be really sad she doesn’t have children so I don’t want this to be, ‘Andrea has children, Theresa hasn’t’ because I think that would be really horrible”. That “really sad” sticks in the craw straight away. But then she blundered on, to ensure that it really was an ‘Andrea has children, Theresa hasn’t’ issue. “Genuinely I feel that being a mum means you have a real stake in the future of our country, a tangible stake”.

Though Leadsom complained she’d been mis-quoted, the recording on the interview reveals that she hadn’t. Her observations are so misguided - and so patronising - that I wonder if she’ll carry on…

And now I read that Angela Eagle will challenge Jeremy Corbyn after all, since he's said he's going nowhere. Pass the peanuts...

No comments:

Post a Comment