Saturday 20 February 2016

Grimsby...

I’m a bit agnostic about Sacha Baron Cohen; at best he’s brilliant, at worst he’s crass. But I enjoyed this article in today’s Guardian, about his forthcoming film, Grimsby.

The film is out in a few days, and I’ll try to catch it. In the meantime I enjoyed some of his jokes - delivered in character, as Nobby, from the film.

“Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived” is a handy way of remembering what happened to that pop band the Sugababes”…

Scotland is “a special country for ginger folk located 300 miles above England’s northern border. Its main exports are whisky, haggis and heart transplant patients”…

About the Bricklayers Arms, Grimsby… “I broke up a fight between my girlfriend and some junkie in the beer garden last year. Turns out it’s not only rottweilers you can stop biting by sticking a finger up their arse. I’m like the Malala of Grimsby. Where’s my Nobel prize?”…

The canal basin at Skipton...

No comments:

Post a Comment