Wednesday 16 December 2015

Xmas...

It’ll be good to see the shortest day come and go. When the weather’s gloomy, as it is today, there are only about six hours of daylight. I can edit picture on dull days, but only if I’ve taken enough pictures to make it worthwhile to fire up the computer! At least I can always do some writing.

I’ve no real complaints: the weather may be dreary, but it’s mild, and I watch Christmas approaching with a puzzled detachment. It really does look like a collective neurosis. If the festivities increased the sum of human happiness - even slightly - I’d be all for them. But they don’t. I gave up Christmas nearly ten years ago, because it had gone too far. There were withdrawal symptoms, for a year or two, but they’ve all gone now. I have a packet of turkey and stuffing flavoured crisps; I’d eat them on Christmas Day if they weren’t past their sell-by date…

Fire at the Fleece...


No comments:

Post a Comment