Wednesday 21 October 2015

Ticket...

A good way to start the day - like yesterday - is to make some picture sales. A bad way to start the day - like today - is to oversleep, in a car park in Ulverston, and get a parking ticket. I saw the traffic warden, goose-stepping around the car park, but too late…

I called in at the Leisure Centre, to see if any progress had been made on selling the concept of walking football to the locals. Apparently not. The guy said that only one guy had ever turned up - “a holidaymaker (ie me!) - and that the slot had been offered to a group of people with disabilities, who, with their carers, were now playing 5-a-side games.

I drove out of Ulverston and along the Coast Road, to a pull-in with a panoramic view across Morecambe Bay. The view isn’t strictly necessary, when I’m writing, but it’s calming to hear the sea and sea-birds. Also there’s a little cafĂ© there - just a wooden shack - for take-away tea in paper cups...

No comments:

Post a Comment