Thursday 3 September 2015

Wheels...

A frustrating day of faffing about. Before driving off this morning, I saw I had a puncture, so I pumped it up and headed for a little tyre place in Ulverston, near the canal. The guy got the tyre off, and put it in a waterbath, only to find that the problem wasn’t with the rubber at all, but with the wheel. Bubbles were rising from a welded ‘seam’ in the metal: something I’d never seen before.

The next stop was a car-breakers yard, on the other side of England’s shortest and straightest canal, but they didn’t have a wheel of the right size. The sat-nav lady directed me to the Citroen dealership in Barrow; they’ve ordered a replacement wheel, and I’ll be back on Monday for them to sort things out. In the meantime I’ll need to keep an eye on the tyre, and keep it pumped up.

Seeing some chums this evenings, in a little South Lakeland pub…

Sculpture... the spirit of Barrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment