Sunday 30 August 2015

New Squares, Penrith...

Still in Penrith, enjoying the church bells on a sunny Sunday morning. The little café over the road is open, so I’m having a bacon sarnie and a cup of tea. Not sure what to do with my day, which is a bit of a novelty. I’ve just re-taxed the Romahome online for the first time. It only took two minutes; better than queueing up in the Post Office with a handful of vehicle-related documents. I have pictures to edit, and a few chores that need doing. But maybe I’ll take a stroll around town with my camera, to see what I can see. Maybe I’ll come back with pictures, maybe I won’t…

The pic is of a fairly new shopping area in the town, which, to judge by the number of empty shops - and lack of shoppers - isn't doing very well. It's just far enough out of time to be inconvenient; you can walk around town without ever realising the new shopping area is there. Another white elephant, I think...



No comments:

Post a Comment