Sunday 7 June 2015

Remote firing...

My Nikon 610 (a full-frame replacement for my old D200) is performing very well. My one quibble is the remote cable, which attaches to the left-hand side of the camera and sticks out a bit. The 10-pin cable for the D200 was in a more convenient position, and had a screw collar that allowed it to be firmly locked in place, so it wouldn’t work loose or fall out. So I got myself a cable-free release for the 610, which fires the shutter by infra-red activation. I changed the shooting mode from ‘single’ to ‘IR remote’, but it wasn’t working properly. I bought a new battery; still no good. Then I did what I should have done straight away: I read the manual, and discovered there was a setting that needed changing via the menu.

Sorted. The remote now works as it should, though it needs to be pointed at the IR receptor on the camera body… which takes a bit of getting used to. The remote is tiny; my main worry is losing it. I’m happy to retire the cable, which was always getting in the way, or tangled up with the camera strap…

Lowther Church...


No comments:

Post a Comment