Wednesday 6 May 2015

Fairground hell...

Parked up last night in Kendal, to get my camera sensor cleaned in town (I’m too much of a coward to go poking around inside my camera, so I get someone else do the job every six months or so). There weren’t many cars in the car park by the river, and when I woke up ths morning I realised why. The fair has come to town, and the car park had been fenced off… with me inside it.

Fortunately, I’d parked near the road, so a guy removed a bit of fencing to let me out… otherwise I might have been incorporated into the ghost train, or the waltzer or the wall of death. I’m not sure I could stomach the smell of candy floss and cheap burgers for a week. Then there’s music played at ear-splitting volume through tinny speakers. To celebrate my narrow escape from fairground hell, I’m heading for the northern lakes, so I can wake up tomorrow overlooking Buttermere instead…

On the way to Buttermere, via the Honister Pass...


No comments:

Post a Comment