Friday 3 April 2015

CAT...

I spent the morning at the Alternative Technology Centre, near Machynlleth: somewhere I’ve long wanted to visit. I was rather disappointed; like me it looked old and tired. Surprisingly, for Good Friday, it was’t particularly busy. But at least the kids I saw seemed to be having a good time, making boats in Blue Peter style, then - by using tiny solar panels to power propellers - sailing them across the pond.

I’ve been looking for a wind-up radio, to keep me company through the night, even when the leisure batteries are low on power. But the shop was distinctly understocked… except for books and toys. I ended up buying a book called How to Read the Landscape - which looks interesting - and some toys for the grandchildren.

Yesterday in Machynlleth...


No comments:

Post a Comment